Use this link for details of the 2020 event. Last updated 15/1/2020 Information Sheet OnRoad 15012020
There will be 3 familiarisation rides on February 2, 8 and 23. See the Information Sheet for details. If you are not familiar with riding in a peloton, it is important that you attend at least one of these.
A FEW POINTS TO NOTE:
- Please make sure you read the Riders Guidelines (and the Marshals Guidelines if you have offered to marshal).
- We would love to meet you at one of the familiarisation rides, especially if you are new to riding in a peloton.
- We are still looking for 3 or 4 catering crew to assist throughout the 3 days. Do you have a spouse or friends who may be interested?
- Fundraising is ramping up. Please remember that (unless you are exempted via the OffRoad or as a family member) you need to fundraise $200 minimum prior to the event.
- Below are 3 team events in which you might like to participate.
TEAM METROCOUNT QUIZ NIGHT
Location: East Perth Football Club Function room
Date: Saturday 8th February 6pm
Full details in this flyer Team MetroCount Quiz Night Brochure
BROKEN SPOKES FAMILY PICNIC AND WINE TASTING
TEAM METROCOUNT WINE SALES
SPIRIT OF THE RIDE AWARD
The 2020 Life Cycle for CanTeen will include our Spirit of The Ride Award, which was initiated by Marty Seward in 2019. The perpetual trophy (and an individual one to keep) will be awarded at Busselton. A judging panel will take input from participants during the event to decide the recipient.
Everyone is asked to write their suggestions. Pens, paper and a box will be available at each stop.
The recipient could be any of rider, support or catering crew. The criteria for judging will be:
- Courage and determination – eg overcoming personal difficulties
- Support of others – eg encouragement, humour, selflessness
- Positive, enthusiastic attitude – to all participants
- Inclusion of all
- “Above and beyond” behaviour
There will be many people who display these attributes, so we rely upon your input to help the judges.